OKR software comparison
A Comprehensive List of Top OKR Software: 20 Tools to Compare
The OKR (Objectives and Key Results) methodology is a unique goal management system used in many successful companies to increase business performance. OKRs have been around for decades, but their popularity has surged in recent years due to the ability of businesses to measure progress and hold individuals accountable for reaching goals.
If you’re here, chances are you’re seeking the best OKR software for your business. We’ve curated this list to help you compare the top 20 OKR software to support internal processes and manage company growth. Read on to learn about key features, pros and cons, and see the customer ratings of each OKR tool
This free tool helps you choose an OKR software product based on your requirements. Compare each major OKR app against one another.
Questions to ask before buying OKR software
Selecting an OKR software that suits your evolving business needs and budget can be a difficult balancing act. To make it easier when comparing different OKR software, here’s a checklist with important questions you must ask:
Does the OKR software fit your business requirement?
Clearly define your objective for using the OKR software and understand if the platform offers features to support it. Is the main purpose strictly to set, align, measure and track goals? Or are you searching for team alignment, project management, and engagement features as well?
Is OKR coaching and training provided?
Implementing any software requires a basic level of knowledge. If you are implementing OKRs for the first time or if team members need guidance, choose a platform that provides coaching and training. In this way, not only will you increase the adoption rate, it will help create meaningful OKRs that deliver optimal results.
Is the software flexible and scalable?
Different software is designed for varying team sizes. Identify how many team members will use the software. Find out if the software is flexible and scalable to meet fluctuating demands without additional costs (especially if you are a fast-growing company).
Does it support integrations with other work applications?
In the modern workspace, multiple tools are used across teams. Whether it's Slack, Teams, Jira, or Trello, toggling between too many tools is becoming a challenge.This has made software integration an important factor. Consider if the OKR software provides integration support with the current tools you already use.
Is the software user-friendly and does it have an easy-to-use interface?
To ensure the OKR software is adopted and used successfully, the user interface must be simple and easy for anyone in the team to use. Navigation and user experience are important factors when selecting an OKR software.
Ask these questions:
- Is the application browser agnostic and mobile-friendly?
- How easy is it for a user to view the big picture overview, or switch between applications?
- Is onboarding simple and is there relevant in-product usage guidance?
- Are company and admin settings customizable? Do these custom settings add value to our business?
Weekdone OKR software puts company results and success in focus with automated, visual dashboards and graphs - keeping the most important metrics front and center for everyone in the company. This OKR tool fully supports cross-team collaboration - with open Newsfeed, OKR updates, and public feedback to everyone in the company. Never lose sight of Objectives, Key Results, and the performance that drives progress forward every week.
- OKR hierarchy & company-wide linking
- Color-coded OKR and KPI progress dashboards
- Openly shared OKRs, Initiatives, and Weekly Plans
- TV dashboard for meeting presentation
- Newsfeed to follow updates
- Automated weekly progress reports
- Public feedback and praise
- Team training and OKR coaching (included in cost)
- Avoid duplicate work & automate through many integration possibilities i.e. Zapier, Google Tasks & Sheets, Slack, Jira, Asana, and more
- Align goals from the company level, to teams and departments. See that alignment in views like the OKR tree and hierarchy.
- Dedicated support team for your OKR journey
- Sample data & OKR Wizard for as-needed guidance
- Always free for 3 users. 14-day trial for 4 or more users.
- Full features for all plans and users
- No Gantt charts or detailed project roadmaps
- Enterprise clients with high customization needs may feel limitations
Try Weekdone today
Asana is well known in the project management SaaS market. Creating various plans for different purposes - they added OKR goals to the mix. Asana Goals are useful to track Objectives and Key Results and easily see who owns which goal and where progress is falling behind during the quarter. With reporting and connections across many teams, you’ll see the collaborators for a particular project or OKR while boosting team performance.
- Ownership assignment of goals
- Build your own custom rules for better reporting adaptability
- Gantt charts and other project management tables
- Create portfolios for bigger projects to easily see timelines, progress, and workload.
- User-friendly features and design
- Great to track and synchronize projects across multiple teams
- Intuitive software with many views
- The basic plan is free forever
- Graph representation of progress is lacking
- Visual representation is not accurate or useful for larger projects
- Assessment of OKRs is best on individual team levels, missing the full company-wide view
- The business plan includes OKR goals - but the cost is high comparatively at $24.00/user (annual billing) or $30.49/user (monthly)
For enterprise businesses with 250 + employees, Betterworks is the optimal OKR software. As a performance management HR solution with OKRs, managers have the unique ability to increase employee engagement and productivity, while keeping the focus on goals that matter.
- Performance review and chatting features for better communication
- Immediate feedback
- Automated workflow management templates
- Customize settings, align goals, and share information across teams
- Integrations with other tools
- Secure data collection
- Analytics and insights for a deeper understanding of real-time progress
- Different plans are available for teams of 5-250 employees starting at $10/user monthly (quarterly billing) and $8/user monthly (annual billing)
- No free trial is available
- If your team is less than 5 people, there is no suitable plan
- Limited reporting and complicated customization requirements for organizations
Fitbots OKR software is great for large teams and companies new to the methodology. The software is quite intuitive and offers support from coaches along the way. Like many other OKR tools, Fitbots has clear reporting and dashboards available to support the visualization of progress on OKRs over time.
- Note-taking for drafting OKRs in the product
- View goal alignment across the organization
- OKR templates and writing support
- Trend reports available to view historic data
- $5/user monthly (annual billing only) for up to 10 teams
- Collection of integrations
- Valuable library of free resources to further OKR knowledge
- KPI and OKR tracking are well established with insights and reporting
- Can be difficult to get used to the UI design when setting up
- No way to align development team sprints
- OKR coaching is a costly addition
- Some limitations for different packages, full-features not available across all plans
Formerly known as GTMhub, Quantive is the newly established name in the OKR software market. Quantive is a great goal management solution for streamlining the planning processes when defining the overall company strategy and long-term vision, and monitoring KPIs and implementing OKRs.
- Miro whiteboards with voting capabilities for collaboration, note-taking, and sharing information
- Benchmark reports to view your company’s progress among other users of the product
- Share reports with stakeholders through “view-only” invites.
- Set deadlines for Key Results for even further tracking and accountability
- Mobile app for iOS and Android users
- Hourly coaching available for an additional cost
- Try the software first with a 14-day free trial, or use it free forever within your small team
- The free “Essentials” plan has many limitations for OKR usage and integrations
- Scale plan is best for organizations with multiple teams - price jumps to $18/user per month (no discount for annual billing)
Space OKR tool prides itself on being the tool as “simple as a Google Sheet”. If you’re in search of something a step or two above what you’re using to track goals in Google, then it could be the solution for your company. Unlike spreadsheets, you’ll get alerts of off-track OKRs, and reminders of weekly check-in needed to make sure everyone is moving in the right direction.
- OKR templates to easily input your OKRs into the software
- Integrations with Office, Salesforce, Gmail, and more
- Progress report for teams
- Weekly update manager for team check-ins
- The free plan is just as impactful as the Pro plan which is just $2/user monthly
- Single dashboard view, with easy-to-create and use OKRs
- Assignable Key Results
- Limited range of features to support large enterprise teams
- Space OKR is in beta (as of Dec. 2022) so many functionalities may be limited
- Progress tracking feature is lacking an accurate depiction of status (i.e. “off track, on track” rather than percent-complete updates)
As a performance management and employee retention software with OKRs included, Lattice is a great option for managers to keep an eye on how individuals are performing against the goals they set. Performance and engagement features are highlighted alongside goals - connecting the two leads to more productive employees and more informed managers.
- Individual OKRs and goal assignment
- Progress tracking and hashtag updates
- 1:1s, praise, feedback on goals
- Check-ins and company performance reviews
- Connect company strategy to personal growth with growth areas feature
- Great for HR teams, or remote companies needing more connection among teams
- Easy sharing and adding tasks to 1:1s to connect the work with conversation
- $11/user monthly for Performance management and OKR goals - OKR goals can be sold separately for $8/user monthly for those just starting out
- May lead to micromanaging of OKRs if not familiar with the methodology
- Limited dashboard and visualization of OKRs on the company level, due to its performance management and individualistic nature
- No free trial is available
Leapsome is known as a “people enablement platform” - best for keeping track of employee satisfaction through eNPS scores, pulse surveys, and onboarding solutions. Though the key benefit of Leapsome is engagement, OKRs and goals are included to support and connect teams to what matters for the organization.
- Integration with tools like Jira and G Suite
- Goal Tree View for visualization
- Progress timelines and updates by contributor, goal owner, or team
- Dashboards for clear analytics related to OKR goals
- Great for organizing meetings and periodic reviews
- Reliable support team available for questions and service
- Goal reminders and updates are useful for managers and employees alike
- Aligning with company standard processes may be difficult for a company with a unique structure
- No mobile app is available
Ally.io OKR software was acquired by Microsoft in 2021. Once this acquisition happened, the two combined into what we know now as Microsoft Viva. If you are an avid Microsoft user, then this is the OKR tool for your company since it will be familiar to-everyone already using their services. Check in on goals, add notes, update values, and quickly see ownership and responsible goal owners alongside each other.
- Easy add-on with existing Microsoft environment, + $5.10/user cost
- Workflows and OKR templates
- Cross-team connection through data tables
- Weighted and scoring guidelines for “advanced” configuration
- For teams already using Microsoft, it's a great addition to the suite
- Easily navigate through different quarters, projects, dashboards, and teams
- Different layouts to simplify or enhance your view of OKRs
- No OKR hierarchy or tree views make visualization of levels non-existent
- Limited graphs and dashboards to see big picture overview
- Sharing limitations for people outside of the company (i.e no PDF exports)
Mooncamp is an OKR and goal-setting software with check-ins and dashboards. A very simple solution - similar interface to Notion - making it easy to navigate and visualize nicely. With different workspace options, users can switch between public or private OKRs set for various teams, projects, and even individuals.
- Create OKRs on Individual and Team levels
- Action items make prioritization easier and connected with goals
- Strategy planning with maps and notes for teams
- UI design is nice and intuitive - making it easy to use, and facilitating high in-product engagement among employees
- MS Teams and Slack integrations are both well developed
- Filtering and search features are great for easy navigation
- No option for company-level objectives which could lead to poor team alignment
- No real-time coworking collaboration opportunities could make it hard for remote teams to connect
- Planning features could be better developed for editing capabilities
Another OKR software, 7Geese, was acquired by Paycor. Paycor took on 7Geese to provide more value to existing HR and payroll customers. The talent development addition takes the hiring and onboarding process to the next level through the retention features listed below. Not only are you provided 1:1 templates, but managers can also help employees stay committed to goals.
- Team insight dashboards
- Industry configurations
- Goal alignment dashboards for OKRs or SMART goals
- Recruiting, onboarding, and compensation planning
- One platform for management to deal with areas like recruitment to handling compensation
- Free trial available with plans starting at $99/month
- Too many feature sets with varying purposes and functions may cause shortcomings in certain needed areas
- Customer Service is difficult to reach
- A costly platform for the quality of service
Perdoo is a popular OKR platform that streamlines company strategy with growth. Similar to other OKR software, you’ll gain reporting insights and dashboards across the company and team levels - allowing everyone to see what’s happening in one tool. Additionally, they offer OKR coaching packages to further support your journey to growth.
- Set, track, and report OKRs and KPIs
- Plan Initiatives
- Weekly progress reports
- Strategy planning map
- Integrations available
- The free plan is available for up to 10 users (some feature limitations)
- Dedicated and intuitive software to keep transparency and focus on strategic goals
- OKR coaching is not included in the price, additional cost for those users outside the Supreme subscription
- Some features in the most popular “Pro” plan are limited - for example, no KPI boards or the ability to set anything in “private” mode.
Profit.co OKR software allows managers to focus on goals, and measure what drives the progress while watching their team achieve results. With employee engagement and development features that additionally support the leverage and growth a company aspires to.
- Kanban board for easy task management in teams
- Employee performance scorecards
- Custom pulse surveys for individual engagement
- Simple OKR reporting, and tracking dashboards
- Integrations with various tools
- Interactive dashboards and graphs to further the analysis of internal company data
- Simplify all short and long-term management processes from OKR alignment to the execution of check-ins to ensure smooth operations
- Great onboarding courses for first-time implementation and onboarding to the software
- Enterprise feature set available
- 30 day free trial or $9/user per month or $7/user (billed annually)
- Integrations with Asana and others may seem clunky or difficult to use
- First-time users may need some time to get used to the alignment constraints - limited linking of Objectives to Key Results
Unlock OKR offers a simple, intuitive OKR software that you’ll be able to effectively adopt the framework through custom insights and integrated workflows. Designed to shorten the onboarding experience through consulting and coaching opportunities this software commends itself for being easy to use and used regularly by employees.
- People and Goal Maps
- OKR alignment and Assigning
- Give and receive feedback from your team
- Reporting dashboards
- OKR coaching and implementation support
- Free trial available
- Intuitive and high-quality user experience
- Enterprise-grade solution and security
- No free version - the smallest package starts at $6/user (annual billing only)
- $1,000 implementation cost required - set up and onboarding not included in the subscription
Workboard is a great OKR solution for those looking to put together and customize various dashboards with historical OKR and other business data put into the software. By creating these dashboard-like reports, C-level leaders are about to pull out the most important points from all teams and see them at a high level. Great for meetings and strategic planning.
- OKR heatmap
- Filter OKRs by different teams or individuals
- Weekly updates and notifications
- Digital business reviews dashboard for in-depth insights
- Organization within the platform is smooth
- Easy to adjust dates, priorities, and make notes and comment on progress
- Offers a clear overview of different projects on a high level
- Slow interface
- Confusing navigation through the platform
- Integration opportunities are lacking
- No performance reviews or feedback features
- Only subscription offers on the annual billing level
Workteam is a basic OKR software that allows for clear communication and connection from company goals down to individual employee goals. The software offers a transparent look into which goals are connected, and who is helping to drive and update that progress, all while communicating with each other directly in the tool.
- Goal management with OKRs
- KPI monitoring
- Progress tracking
- 360 Feedback and Recognition
- Time and attendance tracking
- Free trial available
- Connection with internal and cross-functional team members is well developed
- $7/user per month for OKR features
- Planning, time tracking, and other desired features are an additional cost
- No mobile app for updates “on the go”
- Slow loading time across the platform
- Lower quality UI compared to other tools on this list + limited integrations
Workpath is an Outcome Management platform that takes work beyond the Objectives and Key Results methodology. Strictly suitable for enterprise companies, their model strives to provide customization opportunities to offer tailored functionalities and solutions for larger businesses. With 2 pricing models - Core and Advanced, it’s possible to choose different add-ons, like quarterly reviews with Workpath’s Customer Success team, or adding more OKR levels depending on your company structure.
- Clean and easy-to-use UI
- Excellent customer support
- Jira integration makes smooth automation for development teams
- No mobile app
- Difficult to follow other teams’ OKRs, lacking transparency of other tools
- Reporting dashboards can be too complex for meaningful analysis
- Reports are not customizable and cannot be downloaded
- Essential OKR elements are offered as “add-ons” raising the initial cost
If you’re an Adobe advocate, Workfront may be for you! Formerly known as Atiim, the strategic goals (OKR management) SaaS startup was acquired by Adobe in 2019. Now Workfront is still considered a Project Management Software - ultimately allowing teams to track budgeting expenses, and see incremental project details alongside their quarterly goals. So, if you’re looking for a PM solution with OKRs - Adobe Workfront is a great option to try.
- Work automation with custom workflows and data synchronization
- Real-time data dashboards to centralize important information
- Annual scenario planning and comparison charts
- Custom templates, integrated apps, and other efficiency features
- Great for personal or team project planning
- Task assignment and overview are very clear, making for clear, quick status reporting
- Simple alignment of goals from company to individual levels.
- OKR details view is great for getting a grasp of what’s happening, being updated, and where achievement stands.
- The project management features can be overwhelming for those just looking for OKR management
- Not a great internal reporting solution
Zokri OKR software is for organizations who wish to customize their experience with the methodology. The software supports weekly check-ins, monthly progress meetings, and quarterly reviews with its many features and reporting capabilities. Leaders and employees can save time by automating updates, integrating with communication tools, and syncing 1:1s and meetings into a calendar.
- Strategy reports: Balanced Scorecard and Pillars
- Advanced OKR organization features: retrospectives, scoring, and custom workflows
- Individual performance management
- KPI management and reporting
- Set, track, and view OKRs on all company levels with detailed overviews
- Search functionality is useful for large organizations
- Ability to connect other tools with integrations
- $12.50/user per month (higher cost than other software of the same caliber)
- Unnecessary elements in the OKR dashboard may be overwhelming to first-time OKR users
- - Not enough reviews to provide accurate buying insight
As a Performance Management platform with OKRs, 15five is a great solution for HR leaders. Powered by their “Best-Self Management methodology”, HR managers can gain valuable intel on satisfaction, engagement, and productivity statistics among employees and teams. Further, the OKR management features help to bring focus on what’s most important for the company - ensuring that individuals feel connected to the vision, mission, and strategy of the organization.
- OKRs and Goal Summary on all levels
- Weekly Check-Ins to give and request employee feedback
- Pulse Surveys for simple engagement
- Agenda templates for 1:1 meetings
- Very well developed features for engagement, and check-ins
- Supports product engagement and collaboration between teams every week
- Helpful for monitoring employee engagement and behavior to make better decisions as a leader
- Some OKR features like percent-complete tracking may cause some struggle for individuals looking to track tasks connected to their goals.
- Small teams may lack the data insights that populate a meaningful overview
When deciding on the right OKR tool for your business, it is important to consider several factors such as pricing models and feature sets that support OKRs. All of the top 20 OKR tools offer different levels of functionality, therefore, it is essential to compare and test features to determine which one best fits your needs.
Ultimately, the best OKR software for your business will depend on your needs and expectations from day one. Now - choose your top choices, register for a free trial, invite your team, and start testing! Congratulations on your new investment into business growth and success with OKRs.